Please be patient ... this blog takes just a little longer to load because of all the graphics here, but it's worth the wait ;--)

If you missed them, click for links to
my 2008 Blog Blasts for Peace:
Sacred Ruminations- The Strength of Gentleness
Small Reflections-A Revolution of Music,
Blog Rolls & Bling - What if?
(a Colorful Alternative to Bombs)
and last June:

Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
Peace in Every Step

Thursday, November 6, 2008

DonaNobisPacem - What if ... ?

5th Blog Blast for Peace
November 6th, 2008

Today I join Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the
5th Blog Blast for Peace ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace.

"Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination." Robert Fulghum

Click for links to ...
My other Blog Blasts today:
at Sacred Ruminations and SmallReflections
and last June:
Thirteen Thoughts on the Topic of Peace
& Peace in Every Step

Click for others participating in
the 5th Blog Blast for Peace!
Thought for Today
"We challenge the culture of violence when we ourselves act in the certainty that violence is no longer acceptable, that it's tired and outdated no matter how many cling to it in the stubborn belief that it still works and that it's still valid." Gerard Vanderhaar

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Great quote used for your globe!!!

Come on over, and read my impressions of peace if you can find time today.

Michelle said...

Pretty and wise, what a nice idea for Peace Globe day. :-)

j said...

Bomb me first with the Crayola happiness weapon :)

Awesome quote on your Peace Globe.

Joyce said...

Attacking the culture of violence starts with oneself, I think. When I am ill-tempered, impatient or grumpy, that is violence on a minor scale, or the seed of it.

On the other hand, a truly loving heart, showing kindness in little ways, is the beginning of peace with others.

Yay for Crayola bombs! <3

Travis Cody said...

I like the idea of dropping crayons.

Peace!

Billie Greenwood said...

Oh, this one was just wonderful. I love the Crayola bomb! Thanks for all your work to promote peace.

~*~Patty S said...

Inspiring blog blast for Peace!
Sending *Peace*Love*Light* to ALL!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the quote, beautiful peace globe.
And wonderful Crayola bomb, that's the kind of weapon I would immediately support!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Unbelievable peace post! Wow. You amaze me once again! I've always loved this quote by Fulghum and the crayon analogy.

I'm ready for the crayons.
Hit me with your best shot.

Julie said...

Oooooooh crayons! Love 'em!

May the spirit of peace take over!

Gretchen said...

What a great thought! Crayons should be our first weapon of choice. :)

ByLightOfMoon said...

I adore your Crayola idea, you can blast me the smells and colors anytime. I do love to have an open box around for the smells. I also blog for Peace and It is really everyday in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Smiles, cyndi

storyteller said...

Thanks so much to each of you for visiting my Blog Blast for Peace at Blog Rolls and Bling. I’m delighted you enjoyed my ‘crayon bomb’ … and I appreciate all your comments.

I enjoyed visiting your blogs … seeing your Peace Posts too. The reason I decided to participate on each of my three blogs … each in a different manner … is because peace has been a personal goal of mine for decades … ever since I became a student of A Course in Miracles.

I believe with all my heart that when enough of us make peace a priority, we will find a way to create sustainable peace in our world together.
Hugs and blessings,